Sunday, September 19, 2010

Pvp musings

I got to thinking lately about why I pvp. What brought this to the fore front of my mind was a recent arathi basin battle we got pwned in. You know the drill, 6 good ally players take out each objective against the countless horde, all playing as individuals. fk knows what the rest of the allies were doing, probably wetting themselves in joy and watching us be taken apart. I couldnt get into the game, a run in and wyvern sting that lock, oh dear stunned by a pali, charged by a warrior and oh yes thats a rogue just shadowstepped behind you. squish. Then they moved on to the next sucke... i mean fellow horde comrade in arms. So i ducked out from the farm battle, which resembles world war one (charging machine guns from the front) and it took a couple of goes but i got clear. Gm was undefended, but I was spotted by a lock and he was chasing me, so I didnt tarry. he didnt follow me beyond it thankfully, as I am pretty sure I couldnt have taken him and I got to the stables where a druid was fighting an ally frost mage. Now we all know how that goes, they freeze you to the ground, blink behind you and rape you. If yr lucky enough to actually get a few hard blows in they iceblock. Bitch of an opponent and this one was tough, he near took me down (while the druid healed himself and watched me do it for him). So i get a quick flag capture in while waiting for him to run back from the gyard to defend the stables and I get a w "dont cap!" why? "let them win" fuck that. I had canceled my flag capture as I thought he had a reason something sneaky maybe, like dont let them know we are here or something. So I took the flag. Got alot of "***** retard!!" over bg chat for it. I simply replied they aint getting their achievment for owning 5 bases here. "what really? you will wait an extra 2 mins to finish a lost bg just to deny them an achievment?" yes. Well allies won that game with 3 bases and any hordies dont like the fact I didnt roll over and die, they had the opportunity to put me on ignore.

As time has gone by my attitude to the allies has hardened. Wheras I used to ignore or even help them, it has slowly devolved into an an unreasoning hatred of the opposite faction. There was a 58 human pali today, stood in uc court yard. I dont know why or what he thought he was doing. After my exy shot killed him, it cost me 2 secs till the combat flag left me and I could remount, it cost me an arrow it was just a waste of time and didnt even register as a honour kill. It felt good though, made me smile. I sometimes see them in northrend while flying around, espec in grizzly hills, they do the pvp quests to help level and then I kill them. Or they fight in wg then all goto fish for the daily in scol basin. In fishing gear with pvp flags up. I get some pointed comments sometimes from other horde, they dont feel its appropiate maybe.

I didnt think it was appropiate when as a lev 74 I was going through the argent crusade quest chain of opening crusaders pinacleand doing the quest where you free trapped crusaders from webs and while busy in a fight 3 webs were popped around me by a lev 80 nelf hunter. The joy of hunters in that quest is we can track undead, so we can see which webs have neurabian ambushers in and which have trapped crusaders. Ofc it meant he could leave me with 3 higher level elites then sit on his dragon emoting "laughs at you" while they tore my pet apart and I fdeathed on the floor. If I had been a different class I would have died for sure, with a repair bill. I am reminded when I was a noob lev 20 something questing in ashenvale. got a quest taking me across to the beach on the other side of the zone and as I ride down it, I get tagged by the guards of astranar. Who the living fuck thought it was a good idea to put the main ally town slap bang in the middle of the main road? what the hell is that about? I didnt die from the guards, I got clear of them but they turned my flag on. Which the ??? gnome rogue really appreciated as he one shotted me then camped my body. Killed me 3 times, once i was lieing down behind a bank (I have no idea how he figured i was there, I was careful on that ress!), my pvp flag went off after that and he went on his way. good sport for him I am sure. If it had been a pvp server I would have had to have logged out and gone played mafia wars for an hour I guess.

I can give more examples, but I guess the point is the more time I spend around and with the opposite faction the more my dislike for them grows. The more stunts I watch them pull the more ruthlessly I gank any ally I can. Pretty much for me now if its red its dead and I will go out of my way to do it. It is very irrational though and that concerns me. I should maybe get a handle on this and throttle this behaviour back.

No comments:

Post a Comment