Thursday, August 11, 2011

Pvp and gearing

You know its frustrating turning 85. I used to find leveling boring and it is. Still its when you hit 85 the hard work begins. I ding I have ~85k hps, I cant queue for the normal 85 dungs let alone the heroics. No chance of a raid spot anywhere let alone a BH pug. I might creep into one, but I had better be lucky they dont inspect me and we oneshot it...

Anyway, only way forward there (aside from stupid amounts of gold spending) is to pvp gear it. a 16-18k honour grind that takes literally days of play time. No not a few days playing at 4-5 hrs a day I mean 30-40+hrs of play. Not the fun kind of play either: no getting loads of killing blows and achievments and winning bgs. Nope, this is being farmed being one shotted, going down in a rogue stunlock so quickly he decides "fk this bg I dont care if we win or lose, this guy is going to give me the wrecking ball achiev LOL!" Grats Scrubkiller. Grats on your achievment. As the goblins say "Glad I could help!" cant say I enjoyed it at the time.

Along the way though you discover things about the game and can I just say I have discovered this: Class>skill>gear. Yes sir its true. heresy maybe but its true. On a feral or enhancemnet shaman I can kill a skilled geared hunter and he has no chance at all. None. It like clubbing a baby seal. I am an awful enhance shammy, I keep forgeting totems and not dropping them, I miss doing things I should (like use maelstrom weapon procs) really numpty scrubness. I have 83k hps, I am wearing 2p t10 and 251 shoulders, heck my most advanced piece of gear is from hyjal and still I butcher hunters with 130khps. So very simple to do, I dont even need an 85 to do it. Put me against a rogue who knows how to play ofc its a different story, but then the rogue class isnt so badly fked versus melee who are unkitable. I think I am supposed to kite the rogue actually. Hmmn might have to try that.

Anyway digressing. As a lock its suicide in a bg. Long cast times combined with "is that it?!!!" dots and no heals/significant defensive cds. Really I have to say as a hunter I am sad sorry and ashamed of all the times I QQ'd about how shitty my class is: Locks have it worse. Paladins are lol for the most part real fun to play. I do very well with them and they dont need gear to work. I dont know why Blizz have made enhance and ferals so baddass, but its kinda silly. If you want some real fun you will find those classes dont need gear or skill. Just pick your fights: I recommend hunters and locks as your targets. My next 85 will be a frost mage. I cant wait.

Still wish there was a better way to gear though: oh wait there is! its called guilds running you through bot/brc to gear you... shame I dont have a guild that does that for my alts. Still the mage wont be so hard, I might even enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment